This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: 2.25 many new ld-elf testsuite failures on ia64
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 04:48:06 -0800
- Subject: Re: 2.25 many new ld-elf testsuite failures on ia64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54AE5BCB02000078000528B8 at mail dot emea dot novell dot com> <CAMe9rOpFmjZSUiAGdfY5LwUkCED6G3mOcQDEnnkLRZB7Q+ZppA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150108224351 dot GC10535 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAMe9rOrN6dNz6fEV_GWyEcT0D=YWK2N0mKEjSghAhX2OhfNzFA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150108233641 dot GP1405 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <20150113122615 dot GL23768 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 4:26 AM, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 12:36:41AM +0100, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 02:57:16PM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> > It was started from:
>> > https://www.sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2004-01/msg00070.html
>> > Jakub, do you remember why it wasn't implemented for ia64?
>> I don't remember, sorry.
> Huh. I took a look and found this thread
> where I suggested disabling DATA_SEGMENT_ALIGN by not defining
> COMMONPAGESIZE for ia64.
Thanks for digging it up. Should we put it somewhere in elfxx-ia64.c?