Re: Issue with v2.25 on OS/2

Hi Tristan,

Tristan Gingold <gingold <at> adacore.com> writes:
> > On 07 Jan 2015, at 08:25, Paul Smedley <paul <at> smedley.id.au> wrote:
> > Paul Smedley <paul <at> smedley.id.au> writes:
> >>
> >> coff_write_armap is being called - which I guess explains the wrong
header.

> >> BFD_JUMP_TABLE_ARCHIVE is being set from aout-target.h
> >
> > I modified aout-target.h to force BFD_JUMP_TABLE_ARCHIVE to
> > BFD_JUMP_TABLE_ARCHIVE(_bfd_archive_bsd) for OS/2, unfortunately it
didn't
> > help :(
>
> Then set a breakpoint in coff_write_armap to understand why it is called.
> Maybe the bfd_target is not the one you expect.

OK thanks for the tip.

Turns out I was wrong when I answered your earlier question regarding
plugin support. Looking with the debugger mentioned 'plugin' and unknown
variant.

I went looking and found:
#define BFD_SUPPORTS_PLUGINS 1

If I run configure in the bfd directory explicitly with --disable-plugins
and rebuild ar - then it works :)

Thanks for the tips - now to figure out how to default plugin support to
off :)

Cheers,

Paul