This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Handle Initial-Exec to Local-Exec for x32
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 13:39:57 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Handle Initial-Exec to Local-Exec for x32
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150106210052 dot GA1643 at intel dot com> <CAHACq4pqNwVobvOhhakDxgYv+V8e_NN=qb4LLiUpC1_uNSx9Uw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 1:18 PM, Cary Coutant <email@example.com> wrote:
>> This patch handls Handle Initial-Exec to Local-Exec for x32. OK
>> to install?
>> PR gold/17809
>> * x86_64.cc (Target_x86_64<size>::Relocate::tls_ie_to_le): Handle
> This is OK. Thanks!
Is it OK for 2.25 branch?
> When I run the test case from the PR through gold, I get a "TLS
> relocation out of range" error for the first instruction, since it
> doesn't have a REX prefix, and we'd otherwise try to look at .text -
> 1. How did you get around that? Do we need to support TLS relocations
You need to install binutils with fix for
> on instructions without a REX prefix?
Well, it is
> Where is the TLS ABI for x32 documented?
It is at