This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Handle Initial-Exec to Local-Exec for x32
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 13:18:34 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Handle Initial-Exec to Local-Exec for x32
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150106210052 dot GA1643 at intel dot com>
> This patch handls Handle Initial-Exec to Local-Exec for x32. OK
> to install?
> PR gold/17809
> * x86_64.cc (Target_x86_64<size>::Relocate::tls_ie_to_le): Handle
This is OK. Thanks!
When I run the test case from the PR through gold, I get a "TLS
relocation out of range" error for the first instruction, since it
doesn't have a REX prefix, and we'd otherwise try to look at .text -
1. How did you get around that? Do we need to support TLS relocations
on instructions without a REX prefix?
Where is the TLS ABI for x32 documented?