This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Issue with v2.25 on OS/2
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Paul Smedley <paul at smedley dot id dot au>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 10:17:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: Issue with v2.25 on OS/2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20150106T095119-934 at post dot gmane dot org>
> On 06 Jan 2015, at 09:54, Paul Smedley <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've been maintaining a port of binutils to the OS/2 platform for some years.
> I updated my local source to v2.25 yesterday, and an issue with ar has
> cropped up.
> Previous versions of binutils had a symbol header of __.SYMDEF - with v2.25 I
> get a / instead
> Reading the source I see that:
> Symbol table (must be first):
> "__.SYMDEF " - Symbol table, Berkeley style, produced by ranlib.
> "/ " - Symbol table, system 5 style.
> So for some reason, the OS/2 build has changed to use system 5 style instead
> of the required Berkeley style.
> Can anyone help me understand where it is defined which kind of symbol table
> is used for a given platform?
> OS/2 uses aout object format fwiw.
What is your host ? Have you enabled plugins ?