This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Issue with v2.25 on OS/2
- From: Paul Smedley <paul at smedley dot id dot au>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 08:54:51 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Issue with v2.25 on OS/2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've been maintaining a port of binutils to the OS/2 platform for some years.
I updated my local source to v2.25 yesterday, and an issue with ar has
Previous versions of binutils had a symbol header of __.SYMDEF - with v2.25 I
get a / instead
Reading the source I see that:
Symbol table (must be first):
"__.SYMDEF " - Symbol table, Berkeley style, produced by ranlib.
"/ " - Symbol table, system 5 style.
So for some reason, the OS/2 build has changed to use system 5 style instead
of the required Berkeley style.
Can anyone help me understand where it is defined which kind of symbol table
is used for a given platform?
OS/2 uses aout object format fwiw.