This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: [PATCH] Update config.sub from upstream config repo
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: James Bowman <james dot bowman at ftdichip dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 04:46:10 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: RE: [PATCH] Update config.sub from upstream config repo
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA9BBF0458F83C4F9051448B941B57D116541A22 at glaexch1> <CA9BBF0458F83C4F9051448B941B57D116541C13 at glaexch1>
On Fri, 2 Jan 2015, James Bowman wrote:
> Sorry, should have been clearer.
> Please can someone review and apply this patch, as I don't have write access to the tree. Thanks.
JFTR: to "apply this patch" to config.sub and config.guess is
not the way to do it; not a valid request. Review of patches
here is not correct: do that upstream. "Someone please import
the newest upstream version" is the way to go. Done (to
714957f9 aka. 2015-01-01) also for gdb+binutils. I thought we
had this written down somewhere, but maybe it's only in the
gdb+binutils MAINTAINERS file.