This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: Sync config.sub from upstream?
- From: James Bowman <james dot bowman at ftdichip dot com>
- To: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl dot de>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 23:14:07 +0000
- Subject: RE: Sync config.sub from upstream?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA9BBF0458F83C4F9051448B941B57D1165419CF at glaexch1> <20141223130012 dot GZ11973 at adacore dot com>,<20141223222706 dot GB5244 at lug-owl dot de>
This is the patch. Thanks.
config.sub | 4 ++--
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
diff --git a/config.sub b/config.sub
index 7ffe373..bf654c7 100755
@@ -2,7 +2,7 @@
# Configuration validation subroutine script.
# Copyright 1992-2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
# This file is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
# under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
@@ -260,7 +260,7 @@ case $basic_machine in
| c4x | c8051 | clipper \
| d10v | d30v | dlx | dsp16xx \
| epiphany \
- | fido | fr30 | frv \
+ | fido | fr30 | frv | ft32 \
| h8300 | h8500 | hppa | hppa1. | hppa2.0 | hppa2.0[nw] | hppa64 \
| hexagon \
| i370 | i860 | i960 | ia64 \
FTDI Open Source Liaison
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw [email@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 6:27 AM
To: Joel Brobecker
Cc: James Bowman; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Re: Sync config.sub from upstream?
On Tue, 2014-12-23 08:00:12 -0500, Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> wrote:
> > The architecture 'ft32' has been added to config.sub, so I would like
> > to propose an import of the updated config.sub into binutils-gdb.
> Using my GDB hat, config.sub re-syncs are semi-obvious patches, so
> it usually is no trouble to make the update. But you'll need to
> follow the same procedure as any other patch to submit the update.
> Or would you like us to do it for you?
IIRC, it was decided long ago that importing upstream configury files
is always obvious, and the Binutils repo syncs this obvious stuff
I used to keep an eye on up-to-date files, syncing upstream, GCC and
Binutils. Some weeks ago, I had another run on that and (after
Christmas) will continue that again.
So yes, you'd feel free to import that IMHO.
Jan-Benedict Glaw firstname.lastname@example.org +49-172-7608481
Signature of: http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/questions.html
the second :