This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Experimental branches
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 08:27:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: Experimental branches
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHACq4rzgyE-2cM=UV30-1MWKHsWqwF1QdtuAujgYzFJ=8Y08A at mail dot gmail dot com>
> I'd like to create an experimental branch for two-level line number
> tables in DWARF:
> What are the protocols? Do I just create a branch with my username as
> a prefix and push it?
Actually, let's discuss of a naming scheme real quick first.
Not sure if you know, but I am working on replacing the scripts
we currently use (mostly to send emails and update bugzilla, +IRC).
And one of the things we'll be able to do is decide which branches
trigger no emails.
I'd like thirdparty branches to be under a certain namespace,
so as to be able to disable a number of features for all third-party
branches, on of them being email notifications, bugzilla, and IRC
So, what do people think of using "topic/<username>/"?