This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
What is the best manual for understanding the basics of `nm`?
- From: Peng Yu <pengyu dot ut at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 22:05:00 -0600
- Subject: What is the best manual for understanding the basics of `nm`?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I am trying to understand `nm`. But it mentions quite some technical
terms (e.g., "initialized data section", ELF, "text (code) section").
Is there a manual that describes all the background knowledge
necessary for understanding `nm` and other binutils tools? Thanks.