This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by default
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 11:04:01 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141214144317 dot GA25790 at gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1412151845470 dot 4719 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 10:47 AM, Joseph Myers <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2014, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> I checked in this patch to compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by
> I don't think it makes sense for something like this to be
> architecture-dependent. If desired it should be done for GNU/Linux on all
> architectures (and probably for GNU/Hurd, GNU/kFreeBSD etc. - all systems
> with GNU userspace), if not for all ELF targets.
Sure, someone can contribute a patch.