This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by default
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 08:34:59 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141214144317 dot GA25790 at gmail dot com> <20141214145630 dot GL5162 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOrLMfGgT6Z3F6Y4EyHgjD38X3xp=v3rTPa7zXABe9nF=g at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141214154937 dot GM5162 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOrhiU5N=9CBaP=WC4HvpEJfv7BaJ+K=Wr+Vd2cc8NQjGg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141215152257 dot GP5162 at adacore dot com>
On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 7:22 AM, Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Let's discuss it now. We have plenty of time to make the final decision
>> for binutils 2.26.
> I'll leave the decision to the maintainers, as I don't really have
> much data on the usefulness of this feature, vs the (temporary)
> disruption it might cause.
We have a year to find it out :-).