This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by default
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 08:00:50 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141214144317 dot GA25790 at gmail dot com> <20141214145630 dot GL5162 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOrLMfGgT6Z3F6Y4EyHgjD38X3xp=v3rTPa7zXABe9nF=g at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141214154937 dot GM5162 at adacore dot com>
On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 7:49 AM, Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> > Are things still going to work if GDB is configured without zlib,
>> > or instance?
>> No. Zlib must be enabled. Since I only enabled it in Linux/x86
>> assembler, I think it is acceptable.
> FWIW, for an incompatible change like that, it would have been nice if
> people had a chance to comment on it before you went ahead and pushed
> it as if it was obvious. Your old message mentioning this change is
> better than nothing for sure, but even if others agreed then, some
> of them might still not be ready for this change.
Let's discuss it now. We have plenty of time to make the final decision
for binutils 2.26.