This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by default
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 10:49:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Compress debug sections for Linux/x86 by default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141214144317 dot GA25790 at gmail dot com> <20141214145630 dot GL5162 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOrLMfGgT6Z3F6Y4EyHgjD38X3xp=v3rTPa7zXABe9nF=g at mail dot gmail dot com>
> > Are things still going to work if GDB is configured without zlib,
> > or instance?
> No. Zlib must be enabled. Since I only enabled it in Linux/x86
> assembler, I think it is acceptable.
FWIW, for an incompatible change like that, it would have been nice if
people had a chance to comment on it before you went ahead and pushed
it as if it was obvious. Your old message mentioning this change is
better than nothing for sure, but even if others agreed then, some
of them might still not be ready for this change.