This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Bison 3.0 incomptatibility (was: Cygwin build for mingw32 host build failure in binutils-gdb/intl with make 4.0)
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Pierre Muller <pierre dot muller at ics-cnrs dot unistra dot fr>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 16:11:35 +0000
- Subject: Re: Bison 3.0 incomptatibility (was: Cygwin build for mingw32 host build failure in binutils-gdb/intl with make 4.0)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <005901d01477$eaa21960$bfe64c20$ at firstname.lastname@example.org> <004f01d01555$049213b0$0db63b10$ at email@example.com>
On Thu, 11 Dec 2014, Pierre Muller wrote:
> After some research, I found out that this is a known issue:
> this issue is fixed in glibc
> fixed gettext compatibility with bison 3.0
> plural.y was incompatible with newer bison versions
> Is there a "master" intl which we should update from?
The intl directory is shared between GCC and binutils-gdb (I suspect
nothing uses the copy in the src CVS repository now, but in principle it's
shared with that too); I advise updating GCC first. The master is in GNU
gettext, and the intl/README file explains the changes that were made when
importing libintl from GNU gettext and that would need replicating (with
any applicable updates) when importing a newer version - you would also
need to check for any other local changes not mentioned in README.
Joseph S. Myers