This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils/ld: mips linux build broken in latest -git head
- From: Manuel Lauss <manuel dot lauss at gmail dot com>
- To: Andrew Bennett <Andrew dot Bennett at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 16:18:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: binutils/ld: mips linux build broken in latest -git head
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAOLZvyFOFgnkmKT-LdEVwJsCj64cs_52RWc2-ej8rsOJSHXrBQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <0DA23CC379F5F945ACB41CF394B9827720F3F86E at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <CAOLZvyF8_E1Q+KvhRtTuEWnb1Tsyt9jafF1bspJoos3JWe9X-A at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Manuel Lauss <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Andrew Bennett
> <Andrew.Bennett@imgtec.com> wrote:
>>> Please have a look!
>> Hi Manuel,
>> Many thanks for reporting this issue. I was wondering if you could
>> provide me with the .config you are using along with the branch/git
>> hash you are building from?
> I build linus' latest -git kernels, with no patches, db1xxx_defconfig.
> Gcc is gentoo's 4.9.2 patched to 4_9-branch from 05.12.2014.
I bisected the issue again because after looking at your patch it didn't
seem right that it was the real cause, and this time I found the
real culprit: Commit 53df40a43c968f4d97754226d62775d1fe665459 (
(Sort relocs output by ld -r) by Alan Modra.
I manually removed the patch from binutils-git and got a working kernel.
Very sorry for the noise!