This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Retry powerpc gold stub grouping when groups prove too large
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 09:26:35 -0800
- Subject: Re: Retry powerpc gold stub grouping when groups prove too large
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHACq4rr8Z6bKL74tmunhwZYUJx1s6md=+0vg5+oWVDjNr84bA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141120111444 dot GB4477 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAHACq4o9xRNgZ+ddfabhh_GTQU7AjcE0aydeU70JQ91cfThBHQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20141126025831 dot GP4477 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
>> Another idea would be to automatically reduce the stub group size and
>> run another relaxation pass.
> Complicated somewhat by the fact that once input sections have been
> converted to relaxed sections (to hold stubs), we lack infrastructure
> to revert them back to plain input sections.
"Somewhat" -- nice understatement. Thanks for doing this!