This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] gas/config/tc-tic4x.c: Let insn name full use its space and always zero terminated
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Chen Gang <gang dot chen dot 5i5j at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 13:57:49 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gas/config/tc-tic4x.c: Let insn name full use its space and always zero terminated
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <546A187C dot 4000202 at gmail dot com>
On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 11:47:08PM +0800, Chen Gang wrote:
> strncpy() can not be sure of insn name must be zero terminated, so need
> set it explicitly.
> At present, insn name is only used in tic4x_insn_check() which only test
> insn name within 9 chars explicitly. So it is harmless to use full space
> of insn name for strncpy().
Not OK. You missed noticing that md_assemble is called recursively
for parallel instructions, and does strcat (insn->name, "_"). So
space must be reserved.
Australia Development Lab, IBM