This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64/PATCH 0/2 (v2)] XGene-1 and XGene-2 assembly targets
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>, Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>, Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>, Philipp Tomsich <philipp dot tomsich at theobroma-systems dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 14:13:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: [AArch64/PATCH 0/2 (v2)] XGene-1 and XGene-2 assembly targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1416308791-62583-1-git-send-email-philipp dot tomsich at theobroma-systems dot com> <546B2BCE dot 2010604 at ubuntu dot com> <CAKdteObGcoAVAj8txnVm5kJsvw36n0DeC9PUsARwy14g0z8-2Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <4C8FB917-08C6-4E1A-A7D3-DD5598F07337 at adacore dot com> <CAFqB+Pw3N2+p4BN7U5w6buk4VVkVgbHVA9pZeqjJZrDHABYRqQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CANu=DmjJ6yGe1tD4WXjB6w-0cT652PDHoS_dNVjjkEiDHGc5MQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAFqB+PyF=M4Lz_RUsByTw8vAtjXgMF0+39KbptR9w5r=-M0G5Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <84F46067-F734-4701-AD74-33F94638718C at adacore dot com>
On 18 November 2014 14:04, Tristan Gingold <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On 18 Nov 2014, at 15:02, Marcus Shawcroft <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 18 November 2014 13:59, Will Newton <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>> FWIW the patches have been backported into Linaro toolchains, but I
>>> have no strong opinion either was as I don't think the flag is that
>>> widely used.
>> But the fact that they are backported to the monthly linaro releases
>> suggests to me that the safest route is to keep the alias and remove
>> the risk of surprising someone.
> That's fine with me. I just wanted to clarify that point.
> Ok to backport.