This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64/PATCH 0/2 (v2)] XGene-1 and XGene-2 assembly targets
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>, Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>, Philipp Tomsich <philipp dot tomsich at theobroma-systems dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 13:51:06 +0000
- Subject: Re: [AArch64/PATCH 0/2 (v2)] XGene-1 and XGene-2 assembly targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1416308791-62583-1-git-send-email-philipp dot tomsich at theobroma-systems dot com> <546B2BCE dot 2010604 at ubuntu dot com> <CAKdteObGcoAVAj8txnVm5kJsvw36n0DeC9PUsARwy14g0z8-2Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <4C8FB917-08C6-4E1A-A7D3-DD5598F07337 at adacore dot com>
On 18 November 2014 13:31, Tristan Gingold <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 18 Nov 2014, at 14:25, Christophe Lyon <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On 18 November 2014 12:21, Matthias Klose <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> On 11/18/2014 12:06 PM, Philipp Tomsich wrote:
>>>> * 'xgene1' is introduced in addition to 'xgene-1', as the additional
>>>> dash was deemed too confusing... we retain the 'xgene-1' name as
>>>> a deprecated alias, as binutils-2.25 was released with this name
>>>> in place.
>>> 2.25 wasn't yet released. So please can you get this into the 2.25 branch as
>> Since 2.25 wasn't released yet, is Marcus' point in the other thread
>> relevant? (regarding keeping xgene-1 because binutils-2.25 have been
> Indeed, do we want to keep xgene-1 alias or not ?
Since the name hasn't made it to a production toolchain then removing
the alias seems reasonable to me.