This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64/PATCH 0/2 (v2)] XGene-1 and XGene-2 assembly targets
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>, Christophe Lyon <christophe dot lyon at linaro dot org>, Philipp Tomsich <philipp dot tomsich at theobroma-systems dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 14:31:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: [AArch64/PATCH 0/2 (v2)] XGene-1 and XGene-2 assembly targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1416308791-62583-1-git-send-email-philipp dot tomsich at theobroma-systems dot com> <546B2BCE dot 2010604 at ubuntu dot com> <CAKdteObGcoAVAj8txnVm5kJsvw36n0DeC9PUsARwy14g0z8-2Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
> On 18 Nov 2014, at 14:25, Christophe Lyon <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 18 November 2014 12:21, Matthias Klose <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On 11/18/2014 12:06 PM, Philipp Tomsich wrote:
>>> * 'xgene1' is introduced in addition to 'xgene-1', as the additional
>>> dash was deemed too confusing... we retain the 'xgene-1' name as
>>> a deprecated alias, as binutils-2.25 was released with this name
>>> in place.
>> 2.25 wasn't yet released. So please can you get this into the 2.25 branch as
> Since 2.25 wasn't released yet, is Marcus' point in the other thread
> relevant? (regarding keeping xgene-1 because binutils-2.25 have been
Indeed, do we want to keep xgene-1 alias or not ?