This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [AArch64/PATCH 0/2 (v2)] XGene-1 and XGene-2 assembly targets
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: gingold at adacore dot com
- Cc: Philipp Tomsich <philipp dot tomsich at theobroma-systems dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 11:28:09 +0000
- Subject: Re: [AArch64/PATCH 0/2 (v2)] XGene-1 and XGene-2 assembly targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1416308791-62583-1-git-send-email-philipp dot tomsich at theobroma-systems dot com> <546B2BCE dot 2010604 at ubuntu dot com>
On 18 November 2014 11:21, Matthias Klose <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 11/18/2014 12:06 PM, Philipp Tomsich wrote:
>> * 'xgene1' is introduced in addition to 'xgene-1', as the additional
>> dash was deemed too confusing... we retain the 'xgene-1' name as
>> a deprecated alias, as binutils-2.25 was released with this name
>> in place.
> 2.25 wasn't yet released. So please can you get this into the 2.25 branch as
Tristan, are we OK to back port this and the related patch that adds
recognition of the xgene2 core to binutils-2.25 ?