This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[AArch64/PATCH 0/2 (v2)] XGene-1 and XGene-2 assembly targets
- From: Philipp Tomsich <philipp dot tomsich at theobroma-systems dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com, philipp dot tomsich at theobroma-systems dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:06:29 +0100
- Subject: [AArch64/PATCH 0/2 (v2)] XGene-1 and XGene-2 assembly targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This syncs up the XGene-1 and XGene-2 support between APM's development
toolchains (as provided with BSPs) and the upstream binutils tree:
* 'xgene1' is introduced in addition to 'xgene-1', as the additional
dash was deemed too confusing... we retain the 'xgene-1' name as
a deprecated alias, as binutils-2.25 was released with this name
* 'xgene2' adds a target for the new XGene-2 core, which includes
support for the AArch64 CRC instructions.
This patchset has been revised following the feedback from Marcus and
Philipp Tomsich (2):
Add xgene1, while retaining xgene-1 for compatibility.
Add 'xgene2' cpu.
gas/ChangeLog | 7 +++++++
gas/config/tc-aarch64.c | 7 +++++++
gas/doc/c-aarch64.texi | 3 ++-
3 files changed, 16 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)