This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[Ping][PATCH][ld/testsuite] treate -specs as both cflags & ldflags
- From: Jiong Wang <jiong dot wang at arm dot com>
- To: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 15:15:46 +0000
- Subject: [Ping][PATCH][ld/testsuite] treate -specs as both cflags & ldflags
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <544666BD dot 7040306 at arm dot com> <544E578C dot 6010807 at arm dot com>
On 27/10/14 14:32, Jiong Wang wrote:
On 21/10/14 14:59, Jiong Wang wrote:
a couple of ld-plugin tests for LTO failed on linking stage on aarch64 bare-metal test.
these testcases need to link against rdimon to pass linking, while currently we control these ld flags by using
the problem is -specs= only specified on cflags, while spec files actually contain options affect
linker's behavior, so specs options should be treated as both cflags & ldflags.
the solution in this patch is, if gcc driver is used as link tool, then we also append cflags to the command line so
that specs options will not be missed.
no regression on x86-64 ld test.
no regression on aarch64 bare-metal/linux test.
all ld-plugin/lto fails on bare-metal gone away.
ok for trunk?
* lib/ld-lib.exp (run_ld_link_exec_tests): Append board_cflags if gcc driver used
as link tool.
I removed the modification of run_ld_link_exec_tests, as the "link_cmd" may be ld which will not accept -specs=.
* lib/ld-lib.exp (run_cc_link_exec_tests): Append board_cflags if gcc driver used
as link tool.