Re: [oss-security] Re: Fuzzing objdump (PR 17512) and readelf (PR 17531)

On 2014-11-07 15:09, Alexander Cherepanov wrote:
I was just curious how well
this works for real world tasks like objdump crashes.

Back to real world deduping. IMHO it's not ideal but works quite well,

Ah, I forgot to add that to really know the quality of the results of this approach we have to ask Nick Clifton which actually worked with the resulted crashers. I mostly didn't look into the sources and just run the script which in the end prepares a tarball for uploading (modulo manually filtering out some garbage which I didn't yet manage to blacklist in the script).

Nick, any feedback appreciated.

--
Alexander Cherepanov