This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [oss-security] Re: Fuzzing objdump (PR 17512) and readelf (PR 17531)
- From: Alexander Cherepanov <cherepan at mccme dot ru>
- To: oss-security at lists dot openwall dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 15:19:16 +0300
- Subject: Re: [oss-security] Re: Fuzzing objdump (PR 17512) and readelf (PR 17531)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <545C4DEF dot 5030600 at mccme dot ru> <545C9A09 dot 7030007 at samsung dot com> <20141107115906 dot 7140b89d at pc> <545CB06B dot 8010302 at samsung dot com> <545CB690 dot 6000209 at mccme dot ru>
On 2014-11-07 15:09, Alexander Cherepanov wrote:
I was just curious how well
this works for real world tasks like objdump crashes.
Back to real world deduping. IMHO it's not ideal but works quite well,
Ah, I forgot to add that to really know the quality of the results of
this approach we have to ask Nick Clifton which actually worked with the
resulted crashers. I mostly didn't look into the sources and just run
the script which in the end prepares a tarball for uploading (modulo
manually filtering out some garbage which I didn't yet manage to
blacklist in the script).
Nick, any feedback appreciated.