This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [ARM] register label conflict with blx instruction
- From: Christian Bruel <christian dot bruel at st dot com>
- To: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 12:38:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ARM] register label conflict with blx instruction
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5459FAA5 dot 7000208 at st dot com> <5459FE9D dot 2010603 at redhat dot com>
On 11/05/2014 11:40 AM, Nicholas Clifton wrote:
> I'm wondering what would be the best way to deal with labels
> conflicting with a register name in ARM gas.
Choose better label names ? :-)
marking the test in the testsuite invalid :-)
Any idea about an arm assembly syntax to avoid naming conflict
between regs and symbols for instruction that support both ?
If you know that the destination of the branch is a label and not in a
register then you can use parentheses, as in:
Great, it works, that's it, thanks !