This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] mips: fix segfault when creating a dso with discarded .dynsym section
- From: James Cowgill <James dot Cowgill at imgtec dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 10:53:29 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] mips: fix segfault when creating a dso with discarded .dynsym section
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <104ADEDC18AE5E45870C06CF0304E344A4EDC9 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <87h9yelinr dot fsf at googlemail dot com>
On Tue, 2014-11-04 at 22:12 +0000, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> James Cowgill <James.Cowgill@imgtec.com> writes:
> > I discovered this while trying to debug some MIPS testsuite failures.
> > Looking at the build logs from debian, I don't think the testsuite
> > has passed for over 10 years. I can take a better look at these unless
> > there's a reason noone's fixed them.
> > Thanks,
> > James
> >  https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=binutils&arch=mipsel&suite=sid
> Don't have time to check ATM, but are the failing tests ones that only
> run natively? If so it's certainly possible that they've been failing
> for a long time. I regularly ran the linker testsuite on a cross
> toolchain without failures, but it was only cross rather than native.
Yes most of the ones that fail run some native code or are only turned
on when run natively. These ones still appear when I build a cross
FAIL: objcopy -shared -z relro (tbss1) x3