This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [ARM] register label conflict with blx instruction
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Christian Bruel <christian dot bruel at st dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 10:40:29 +0000
- Subject: Re: [ARM] register label conflict with blx instruction
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5459FAA5 dot 7000208 at st dot com>
> I'm wondering what would be the best way to deal with labels
> conflicting with a register name in ARM gas.
Choose better label names ? :-)
Any idea about an arm assembly syntax to avoid naming conflict
between regs and symbols for instruction that support both ?
If you know that the destination of the branch is a label and not in a
register then you can use parentheses, as in: