This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Reduce Filling Size in RAM
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: ClÃment PÃron <peron dot clem at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 18:13:52 +0000
- Subject: Re: Reduce Filling Size in RAM
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJiuCcfidOdSwDvUQY4Ck3zsBzqP3Hotb-8+F383_LB+SBwv6A at mail dot gmail dot com> <54511B4C dot 3080608 at redhat dot com> <CAJiuCccAUjxRo+HBRfooG8thfiZ1TStiS_qt2TC=Z+mmmB2Vrw at mail dot gmail dot com>
the --sort-sections=alignement resolved almost all my filling issues thank
I won 100o in rom, 100o in ram and 300o in BSS. (Why is not enabled by
No idea. It is probably historical.
The linker do
*fill* 0x000000001fff8b58 0xa8
0x000000001fff8c00 <<it's aligned but it's not optimal
Yeah - sorry - the linker is just not smart enough to do this. :-(
If you know exactly which object files you are going to be linking, you
could always create a customized linker script that places each
.bss.<foo> section in the order in which you desire them to be.