This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, ARM] Add support for value 3 of Tag_ABI_VFP_args attribute
- From: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "Thomas Preud'homme" <thomas dot preudhomme at arm dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 16:02:21 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, ARM] Add support for value 3 of Tag_ABI_VFP_args attribute
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <002e01cfdafa$10ac4c00$3204e400$ at arm dot com> <002501cfe390$3edc1440$bc943cc0$ at arm dot com>
Sorry for the long time in responding to your post.
The patch itself is basically fine, although I do have one request for a
change (see below). I should mention however that we can only approve
the changes to the binutils sources. For the change to the GDB sources
you will have to submit a separate email to the
email@example.com mailing list.
The one change I would like to see is to replace the use of numeric
values 0, 1, 2, and 3 for the Tag_ABI_VFP tag with words instead. Ie
please create an enum for the values and then use the enum values in the
patch. This makes the code easier to read in my opinion.