This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH V2] ARM: plt_size functions need to read instructions in right byte order
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Victor Kamensky <victor dot kamensky at linaro dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:42:20 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH V2] ARM: plt_size functions need to read instructions in right byte order
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1413955513-4923-1-git-send-email-victor dot kamensky at linaro dot org> <1413955513-4923-2-git-send-email-victor dot kamensky at linaro dot org> <20141022225053 dot GD4267 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAA3XUr2C12J_FLK54rFRK0O=HjG6h-Megz8vHi7nD-XrOHOGWA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 06:01:12PM -0700, Victor Kamensky wrote:
> On 22 October 2014 15:50, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 10:25:13PM -0700, Victor Kamensky wrote:
> >> + if ((elf_elfheader (abfd)->e_flags) & EF_ARM_BE8)
> > ^ this parenthesis is in the
> > wrong place. gcc will warn about "if (x & y)", breaking -Werror
> > builds. Writing "if ((x & y))" silences the gcc warning, so you
> > should write
> > if ((elf_elfheader (abfd)->e_flags & EF_ARM_BE8))
> > or as I suggested in the previous email (without explaining why)
> > if ((elf_elfheader (abfd)->e_flags & EF_ARM_BE8) != 0)
> Thanks, Alan.
> Sorry, did not catch that in your previous email I will fix that
> and repost patch shortly.
> > The patch is OK to commit with that change.
> Besides reposting updated patch is there any other actions
> on my side? I am bit a new to this. My assumption is that once
> patch is reviewed and approved, some of maintainers will pick it
> and commit. Is it not correct?
Ah, I thought you had git commit privilege. Don't worry about
reposting the patch. I'll commit a fixed version for you.
Australia Development Lab, IBM