This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH V2] ARM: plt_size functions need to read instructions in right byte order
- From: Victor Kamensky <victor dot kamensky at linaro dot org>
- To: Victor Kamensky <victor dot kamensky at linaro dot org>, binutils at sourceware dot org, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 18:01:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH V2] ARM: plt_size functions need to read instructions in right byte order
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1413955513-4923-1-git-send-email-victor dot kamensky at linaro dot org> <1413955513-4923-2-git-send-email-victor dot kamensky at linaro dot org> <20141022225053 dot GD4267 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On 22 October 2014 15:50, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 10:25:13PM -0700, Victor Kamensky wrote:
>> + if ((elf_elfheader (abfd)->e_flags) & EF_ARM_BE8)
> ^ this parenthesis is in the
> wrong place. gcc will warn about "if (x & y)", breaking -Werror
> builds. Writing "if ((x & y))" silences the gcc warning, so you
> should write
> if ((elf_elfheader (abfd)->e_flags & EF_ARM_BE8))
> or as I suggested in the previous email (without explaining why)
> if ((elf_elfheader (abfd)->e_flags & EF_ARM_BE8) != 0)
Sorry, did not catch that in your previous email I will fix that
and repost patch shortly.
> The patch is OK to commit with that change.
Besides reposting updated patch is there any other actions
on my side? I am bit a new to this. My assumption is that once
patch is reviewed and approved, some of maintainers will pick it
and commit. Is it not correct?
> Alan Modra
> Australia Development Lab, IBM