This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] aarch64: move bogus assertion
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at suse dot com>, gingold at act-europe dot fr
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 13:05:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] aarch64: move bogus assertion
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5444F0860200007800040228 at mail dot emea dot novell dot com>
On 20 October 2014 10:22, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com> wrote:
> Asserting "idx" to be non-negative when subsequent code handles this
> case is bogus. In fact the assertion triggers e.g. when mistakenly
> using the arm32 comment character @ following an instruction.
> While doing this I also noticed that despite there being local
> variables "detail" and "idx", not all places where they could be used
> did actually make use of them, so this is being adjusted at once.
> Finally, for the code to be slightly more robust, also change
> comparisons against -1 to such checking for a (non-)negative value.
> 2014-10-20 Jan Beulich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Double space before <.
> * config/tc-aarch64.c (output_operand_error_record): Move down
> assertion of idx being non-negative. Use local variables when
Tristan, Are we OK to back port this to the 2.25 branch ?