This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [SPARC][PATCH 0/2] Some improvements for the SPARC opcodes.
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 11:56:49 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [SPARC][PATCH 0/2] Some improvements for the SPARC opcodes.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1413356116-17295-1-git-send-email-jose dot marchesi at oracle dot com>
From: "Jose E. Marchesi" <email@example.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 08:55:12 +0200
> The following two small patches fix a bug in the sparc opcodes table
> and annotate a few opcodes with the HWCAP2_VIS3B, which is a new
> hardware capability introduced to mark a subset of VIS 3.0
> instructions which are also implemented in the SPARC64 X+ processor.
> Jose E. Marchesi (2):
> opcodes: fix several misplaced hwcap entries.
> opcodes, elf: annotate instructions with HWCAP2_VIS3B.
These changes look fine to me.
Just out of curiosity have you tried a Linux kernel build with
these changes installed?
I'm pretty sure that we don't actually use %sys_tick et al.
and instead use %asrNN, but if there is any code out there
depending upon this mis-marked instructions it is better
to find out now rather than later.