This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] gdb/i387-tdep.c: Avoid warning for "-Werror=strict-overflow"
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Chen Gang <gang dot chen dot 5i5j at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>, amodra at gmail dot com, gbenson at redhat dot com, michael dot sturm at intel dot com, walfred dot tedeschi at intel dot com, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 09:44:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gdb/i387-tdep.c: Avoid warning for "-Werror=strict-overflow"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <542EC11C dot 3020406 at gmail dot com> <201410031546 dot s93FknOM002165 at glazunov dot sibelius dot xs4all dot nl> <542EC9FC dot 8050107 at gmail dot com>
> > Sorry, but obfuscating code to make compilers happy is *not* the way to go.
> OK, I can understand, but for me, these is no other better ways for it,
> except let gdb give up "-Werror" (if always need "--disable-werror"
> during "configure").
I have to agree with Mark on this one, the proposed solution looks
awful. There has to be another way. Maybe declaring a local constant
whose value is I387_XMM0_REGNUM (tdep)?