This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR gas/17421: Disallow VEX/EVEX encoded instructions in 16-bit mode
- From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich at suse dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 09:23:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR gas/17421: Disallow VEX/EVEX encoded instructions in 16-bit mode
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140923181603 dot GA10207 at intel dot com>
>>> On 23.09.14 at 20:16, <email@example.com> wrote:
> VEX/EVEX encoded instructions aren't supported in 16-bit mode. I checked
> in this patch to disallow them.
I don't think this is in line with how things are currently documented:
These instructions #UD in real and vm86 mode, but not in 16-bit
protected mode. I.e. I think either the patch needs reverting or the
documentation needs updating.