This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] readline/search.c: Remove useless parameter '0' for rl_message()
- From: Chen Gang <gang dot chen dot 5i5j at gmail dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, bug-readline at gnu dot org, amodra at gmail dot com, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com, drow at false dot org, ezannoni at kwikemart dot cygnus dot com, muller at sourceware dot org, Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org, macro at linux-mips dot org
- Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 23:41:26 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] readline/search.c: Remove useless parameter '0' for rl_message()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <541CF976 dot 8090905 at gmail dot com> <20140922130324 dot GA4883 at adacore dot com> <mvmiokfst1x dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20140922135312 dot GB4883 at adacore dot com>
On 09/22/2014 09:53 PM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
>>>> The related warning under Darwin x86_64:
>>>> gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../binutils-gdb/readline -DRL_LIBRARY_VERSION='"6.2"' -g -O2 ../../binutils-gdb/readline/search.c
>>>> ../../binutils-gdb/readline/search.c:213:24: warning: data argument not used by format string [-Wformat-extra-args]
>>>> rl_message ("%s", p, 0);
>>>> ~~~~ ^
>>>> 1 warning generated.
>>>> * search.c (_rl_nsearch_init): Remove useless parameter '0' for
>>> Because readline is a separate project from binutils/GDB, we prefer
>>> it if you would first submit the patch to the readline project first
>>> (firstname.lastname@example.org, in Cc: of this email), get it accepted there.
OK, thanks, next I shall cc email@example.com, when send new patch
>> This bug was already fixed in bash 4.3.
> I see! Sorry about the noise.
At least, what you orginally said is useful to me. :-)
And excuse me, my English is not quite well, I am not quite understand
the meaning: "... taking the lead in telling us ...", could you explain
about it in details?
> For my penance, I pushed the patch in.
> Do we need it for 7.8.1 as well?
Open share and attitude like air water and life which God blessed