This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Fix various warnings seen when using gcc-5.0
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl dot de>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 00:12:36 +0930
- Subject: Re: Fix various warnings seen when using gcc-5.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140922093031 dot GF3770 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20140922094133 dot GC4144 at lug-owl dot de>
On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:41:34AM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-09-22 19:00:31 +0930, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > * config/tc-m68k.c (md_assemble): Add assert to work around
> > bogus trunk gcc warning.
> Thanks for plugging that! What shall we do with
> https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=63197 ? That warning
> isn't fixed in GCC, but it's probably no longer a problem. Just close
> it? Or add a comment that an older Binutils version needs to be
> compiled to show the behavior?
I'd say add a comment that the gas_assert needs to be removed to see
the false warning.
Australia Development Lab, IBM