This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [bfd patch] Regression for Linux vDSO in GDB
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>, Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 07:25:15 +0930
- Subject: Re: [bfd patch] Regression for Linux vDSO in GDB
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140917185555 dot GA19106 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net>
On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 08:55:55PM +0200, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> I do not fully understand the original intention for the line I changed there
> but it seems logical to me this way when the 'size' parameter has been already
You're correct. I was wrongly thinking that the section headers were
always last when I wrote that code. (They are now! If you relink
that vdso with current binutils master you won't hit this problem, but
that of course doesn't help existing kernels.) So..
> * elfcode.h (bfd_from_remote_memory): Use SIZE for HIGH_OFFSET.
Australia Development Lab, IBM