This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, i386] Add option to control rounding bits of SAE-only instructions.
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Ilya Tocar <tocarip dot intel at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:06:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, i386] Add option to control rounding bits of SAE-only instructions.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140915133351 dot GA1778 at msticlxl7 dot ims dot intel dot com>
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 6:33 AM, Ilya Tocar <email@example.com> wrote:
> For SAE-only evex instructions rounding/LL bits can have any value.
> Currently we encode them with 00 bits. Attached patch add -mevexrndig
> option, which controls this behavior.
> Ok for trunk?
A couple comments:
1. Please use -mevexrcig.
2. Please remove force_rounding_bits and just do
else if (evexrcig)
i.vex.bytes |= 0x10 | (evexrcig << 5);
and make sure there is one space between "0x10 |" and "(evexrcig << 5);".
3. Sync against trunk since I renamed OPTION_omit_lock_prefix