This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gold vs libc
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Rafael Ãvila de EspÃndola <rafael dot espindola at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 09:05:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: gold vs libc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140330042516 dot 1A88E74481 at topped-with-meat dot com> <20140330045552 dot GX18201 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <20140330050615 dot 7DC5774481 at topped-with-meat dot com> <CAKOQZ8wPgdHfA9QJWQ9yVO9gVQKL=HF-rpuipCBxzsx3=TcqwA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140331200446 dot A09B074430 at topped-with-meat dot com> <CAKOQZ8x19YZ_oyJXyxe9JST4nfaG8dDvVrdf-vmgkNWydrpsrw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140331214025 dot E61517447E at topped-with-meat dot com> <CAKOQZ8x1W0YxJSq+X74EjMj7_02uTZq82qzhmF=oQ-cTd4S1mQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHACq4oRKDGKAUu3octDCxKg2EueCyf8kHWj0t8g9+LmE3JagQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140910225238 dot 0B6362C39CF at topped-with-meat dot com> <CAHACq4rBr76jL+qo7Va03Ewv7PkLfrJA+_tewn7ZnMTpxBO+ug at mail dot gmail dot com>
> I wouldn't mind simply making
> __EH_FRAME_BEGIN__ and __EH_FRAME_END__ linker-defined symbols that
> would override any definitions found in the object files.
Ah, now I see that this is what Alan was referring to. What I didn't
like about Rafael's suggestion was the idea that the linker would
special-case the sections based on what symbols were defined in them.
If his suggestion was simply to override any definitions with the
linker's own definitions, then my objection was misfounded.