This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Tag_CPU_name merging produces wrong tag for ARM.
- From: Andrew Stubbs <ams at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Maxim Ostapenko <m dot ostapenko at partner dot samsung dot com>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>, <ams at codesourcery dot com>, <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Yury Gribov <y dot gribov at samsung dot com>, Slava Garbuzov <v dot garbuzov at samsung dot com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 10:12:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: Tag_CPU_name merging produces wrong tag for ARM.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54058B98 dot 8040506 at partner dot samsung dot com> <54059FD1 dot 1050308 at partner dot samsung dot com>
On 02/09/14 11:45, Maxim Ostapenko wrote:
I tried to compile a binary optimized for ARM Cortex-A15 with ARM
Cortex-A8 cross-toolchain (host is x86_64-pc-linux-gnu), but
Tag_CPU_name appears to be "Cortex-A8" for the binary instead of
"Cortex-A15". The example session follows:
I'm not sure what the correct behaviour would be. I did know a lot about
this stuff a few years ago, but my memory has faded, and I'm too busy to
research this much.
I suggest you find the proper document at http://infocentre.arm.com, and
compare the expected behaviour with what actually happens. Then we'll
know how to fix it.
I remember putting in some specific rules for particular tags, but
basically the merging just happens by type, and there's no automatic way
to merge strings.