This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Synchronizing Binutils and GDB releases
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Nicholas Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 14:57:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: Synchronizing Binutils and GDB releases
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53F21C4B dot 4000109 at redhat dot com>
On 18 Aug 2014, at 17:31, Nicholas Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi Tristan, Hi Joel,
> What do you think to the idea of synchronizing GDB and BINUTILS releases ?
I understand the packager point of view and I am not against that idea.
But, I think this can make sense only if both projects are merged, with only one release manager (team), with only one team of maintainers. Otherwise I am afraid of misunderstanding and delays during release periods.
As a fact, very few peoples are active on both projects, so I am not sure if hackers want to unify both projects.
Maybe the binutils team can try to simply 'qualify' the gdb releases: testing the prerelease and fixing regression. That would be lighter.