This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: secureplt breaks ld on Alpha Linux
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- To: Mikulas Patocka <mpatocka at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, bug-binutils at gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 20:58:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: secureplt breaks ld on Alpha Linux
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot LRH dot 2 dot 02 dot 1408291448090 dot 3870 at file01 dot intranet dot prod dot int dot rdu2 dot redhat dot com> <54010C55 dot 6070605 at twiddle dot net> <alpine dot LRH dot 2 dot 02 dot 1408300926070 dot 12458 at file01 dot intranet dot prod dot int dot rdu2 dot redhat dot com>
On 08/30/2014 06:46 AM, Mikulas Patocka wrote:
> The only possibility to save them is in the code at the beginning of
> _PROCEDURE_LINKAGE_TABLE_ - do you think it would be possible to save the
> registers on the stack here? Or, would it cause unwind problems?
It wouldn't work.
> What exactly these anotations do? Do they turn off lazy binding?
Yes. Other examples include _mcount, and the division routines.