This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Skip ld/lto tests if plugins is disabled for binutils?
- From: "Bin.Cheng" <amker dot cheng at gmail dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 17:45:01 +0800
- Subject: Re: Skip ld/lto tests if plugins is disabled for binutils?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140812131443 dot GM7047 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <201408141448 dot s7EEmG30005211 at ignucius dot se dot axis dot com> <20140815032924 dot GV7047 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <CAHFci2-7JGEvGBXiMV_0PP1ytMzRkQhUUBrBUz6zDP1A1m-aWA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 1:29 PM, Bin.Cheng <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 04:48:16PM +0200, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
>>> Needed for (gdb and) sim too? It seems to have broken all
>>> simulators, or at least those for arm-eabi, cris-elf, d10v-elf,
>>> frv-elf, h8300-elf, iq2000-elf, m32c-elf, m32r-elf, m68hc11-elf,
>>> mcore-elf, mips-elf, mn10300-elf, powerpc-eabisim, sh-elf,
>>> v850-elf like so:
>> I did build gdb and sim to test the patch, but just x86_64-linux.
>> The difference is that --enable-plugins is now the default. I think
>> all the sim targets you list would have failed previously if you'd
>> configured with --enable-plugins. For now, please configure them with
> I also saw this on arm-none-linux-gnueabi and arm-none-eabi with below
> error messages:
> /../opcodes -g -O2 -o run \
> run.o libsim.a ../../bfd/libbfd.a ../../opcodes/libopcodes.a
> ../../libiberty/libiberty.a -lz -lnsl
> ../../bfd/libbfd.a(plugin.o): In function `try_load_plugin':
> ....../src/binutils-gdb/bfd/plugin.c:168: undefined reference to `dlopen'
> ....../src/binutils-gdb/bfd/plugin.c:175: undefined reference to `dlsym'
> ....../src/binutils-gdb/bfd/plugin.c:171: undefined reference to `dlerror'
> Could we add some check for dlopen/dlsym/dlerror in sim configure
> script to disable it by default?
Also If we build binutils/gdb in a combined tree, it's impossible to
configure gdb differently? If it's impossible, the "enable-plugins"
can't work for combined build now. So we have to fix this?
>> Alan Modra
>> Australia Development Lab, IBM