This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] PR ld/16746: Don't issue a warning for reference in LTO IR
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- To: amodra at gmail dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, hjl dot tools at gmail dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 00:21:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR ld/16746: Don't issue a warning for reference in LTO IR
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
> From: Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 02:54:51 +0200
> So now that I've merged the WARN and CWARN
> my concern with HJ's patch is covered. This is what I'm about to
> commit on HJ's behalf.
> PR ld/16746
> * linker.c (_bfd_generic_link_add_one_symbol): Don't issue a
> warning for references in LTO IR to warning symbols.
> PR ld/16746
> * ld-plugin/lto.exp: Add 4 tests for PR ld/16746.
> * ld-plugin/pr16746a.c: New file.
> * ld-plugin/pr16746b.c: Likewise.
> * ld-plugin/pr16746c.c: Likewise.
> * ld-plugin/pr16746d.c: Likewise.
This, commit db7129469b, regressed ld-cris/warn3 for cris-elf:
Running /home/hp/binutils/src/ld/testsuite/ld-cris/cris.exp ...
(The test-case checks stabs warning support for cris a.out; the
expected warning is no longer emitted after that commit. If you
want to remove stabs-aout-warning support altogether I don't
really mind, but I assume you agree that should be an explicit
change only done after verifying that there is no other issue
affecting warnings support. Stabs warnings for ELF was broken
since long, see ld-cris/warn4.d)