This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Skip ld/lto tests if plugins is disabled for binutils?
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "Bin.Cheng" <amker dot cheng at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 17:25:38 +0930
- Subject: Re: Skip ld/lto tests if plugins is disabled for binutils?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHFci2_KGa344-+6LONhwukBjM7ndBNJyXz+RnLtjvMsnVWRow at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 02:26:19PM +0800, Bin.Cheng wrote:
> I found there are some FAIL ld test cases with message like "sorry -
> this program has been built without plugin support", and the program
> in this case is ar. I think it's because I configured/built binutils
> without "--enable-plugins", the question is:
> should we skip these kind of tests if plugins isn't enabled?
Actually the real question is why are we enabling plugins for ld
but not ar?
Australia Development Lab, IBM