This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] bfd/coff-ppc.c: Be sure of zero terminated string after copy from '_n_name'
- From: Chen Gang <gang dot chen dot 5i5j at gmail dot com>
- To: hjl dot tools at gmail dot com, nickc at redhat dot com, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 17:06:26 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] bfd/coff-ppc.c: Be sure of zero terminated string after copy from '_n_name'
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53E24F3F dot 2050701 at gmail dot com> <20140807015153 dot GV8921 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <53E30702 dot 1040709 at gmail dot com> <20140807061500 dot GX8921 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On 08/07/2014 02:15 PM, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 07, 2014 at 12:56:34PM +0800, Chen Gang wrote:
>> On 08/07/2014 09:51 AM, Alan Modra wrote:
>>> On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 11:52:31PM +0800, Chen Gang wrote:
>>>> '_n_name' may not be zero terminated string, and it may copy to 'name'
>>>> or 'my_name' which are assumed that must be zero terminated string. So
>>>> during copy operation, need be sure of them zero terminated.
>>>> Also remove the usless asignment to 'name'.
>>>> 2014-08-06 Chen Gang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>> * coff-ppc.c (coff_ppc_relocate_section): Be sure of zero
>>>> terminatedstring after copy from '_n_name'.
>>> This is OK.
>> Excuse me, my English is not quite well, I don't quite understand your
>> meaning, I guess your meaning is: "This patch is OK to you, if no any
>> objections next, it can be applied by the related maintainers".
> I meant, the patch is OK for you to commit, but I guess you don't have
> commit rights. I've committed the patch for you. Thanks!
OK, thank you for your explanation and your work. And I shall continue
to try to send another patch for binutils within this month.
Open, share, and attitude like air, water, and life which God blessed