This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] bfd/coff-ppc.c: Be sure of zero terminated string after copy from '_n_name'
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Chen Gang <gang dot chen dot 5i5j at gmail dot com>
- Cc: hjl dot tools at gmail dot com, nickc at redhat dot com, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 11:21:53 +0930
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] bfd/coff-ppc.c: Be sure of zero terminated string after copy from '_n_name'
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53E24F3F dot 2050701 at gmail dot com>
On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 11:52:31PM +0800, Chen Gang wrote:
> '_n_name' may not be zero terminated string, and it may copy to 'name'
> or 'my_name' which are assumed that must be zero terminated string. So
> during copy operation, need be sure of them zero terminated.
> Also remove the usless asignment to 'name'.
> 2014-08-06 Chen Gang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * coff-ppc.c (coff_ppc_relocate_section): Be sure of zero
> terminatedstring after copy from '_n_name'.
This is OK.
Australia Development Lab, IBM