This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
is the default ld linker script GPL?
- From: Daniel Wilkerson <daniel dot wilkerson at gmail dot com>
- To: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 15:54:37 -0700
- Subject: is the default ld linker script GPL?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
If one is hacking on linker scripts, it is handy to have an example,
so I was thinking of dumping the default binutils ld linker script
using --verbose and hacking on it.
However, I am wondering if it is GPL. I could think of it as an
elaborate configuration file, or I could think of it as a program in a
domain specific programming language. Either way, it would be helpful
to clarify this. Maybe this has already been done somewhere and I did
not find it. The output of ld --verbose does not say.